Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Interior Paint




I decided I needed to paint the interior metal before we installed the headliner. I am almost as bad at painting as I am at everything else. I spent hours taping and covering the interior so that I could spray paint the small bits of metal that are exposed in the interior (first picture). I dutifully sanded the metal and sprayed with a coat of primer. Then applied two coats of the stone color we picked out to go with the upholstery. It's kind of spotchy, lighter in some places than others. And the paper slipped off the corner of the dashboard, so I have a nice stone colored strip along the side of the dash. And when I was checking the underside of the dash, I knocked the door jamb with my iPod wire so I have a nick in the paint there.

I'll go get a couple more cans of paint and try to even out the finish tomorrow. I suspect it will always be splotchy, but maybe I can at least eliminate the white areas.

Maybe when I get to the seat upholstery, I'll finally find something I'm good at.

No comments: