Friday, June 22, 2007

Paint Summit

We had a bit of a family conclave last night to look at the paint. My husband evened out the paint on one of the doors so we could take a look. The paint itself actually looks good. But when we held up one of the new door panels to see how the finished door would be, it was apparent that the paint is a tan that tends toward grey, and the door panel is a lighter tan that is definitely brown. The two don't match.

No one was happier than my son, who had hounded me for an entire day that the color was awful and I was ruining my car. I guess he was right. He kindly volunteered to sand down the paint we've done, so we can paint the interior the same color that we'll use on the exterior.

My husband and son will be heading to the paint store this morning to get paint and the aerosol spray cans. I still have to be done by Monday night, so we are starting over pretty late in the game.

No comments: